Monday, February 4, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Alone again at last....... Or maybe the first time - For the first time, I am on my own. I have recently moved into a place by myself. I find it comforting and cozy, and sometimes lonely and cold - but only because I don't want to turn up the heat...
The living room and its' brand new christmas tree.



And..... the kitchen - which the fridge is particularly lonely, as are the cupboards. Not a ton of food to go around. So if you are hungry and plan on stopping by - please call in advance - or just bring chinese - Utensils, I have.


Up to Level 2 - yes i do - I have two (levels)!

My bedroom.....
my closet - huge and perfect....... it is very organized - hence the curtains..... jk - Mom and Dad would be surprised - it actually is.... No television means I actually get things done and organizing the closet is one of my favorites.
The bathroom -
And last but not least - the office... Not pictured - My favorite - My very own laundry room -


All in all, I love my new home. And it feels like home..
I have gone through quite the transistion phase this year. I lost my boyfriend and my home, changed jobs and most of my oldest and dearest friends moved away. But what I
found instead has made me believe I am a better person overall, a stronger person, a nicer person, a more rational person, a whole lot of new persons.
Most of all, I am finally, again, a happy person.
And actually, being on my own, makes me feel not alone.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Your home is darling! Always the little decorator! I am glad to see that you are doing well! I will be in SLC for a few days on the 19th of February. We will have to go out and get a beer!

lizzie said...

cari your house is so cute. maybe some day you'll let me come over and eat apple crisp....

 
Header Image from Bangbouh @ Flickr