Remember when you were a little kid and you just couldn't wait to open presents.. Well, that was Whitney. Kortney and I were more than happy to get some extra moments of shut eye, but Whit wasn't having it. While Kort and I might look peaceful, just imagine the Whit-ster yelling, GOOD MORNING, IT'S CHRISTMAS. We didn't make the poor girl wait too long, but we knew it was going to be long day.
First things first, unload all the gifts. Kortney and I opening the box from Mom and Dad, and also Santa and Frosty :)
The stockings were hung by the doorway with care....
a lil back story.... the night before, Kortney is telling us how Kai has soooo many pairs of socks and soooo many pairs of underwears... so many they don't have room for them all. As a group, we decide whoever can guess how many pairs he actually has gets to decide how and when we open up gifts.
So out come the socks, out come the underwear and we all guessed... no offense Kortney, but there really weren't that many.... Next year, maybe we will throw your personables out for all of us to count.
And imagine who won..... Kortney.
We did a quick JCPenney photo shoot for all..
My Christmas card to all of you.....
Kortney and I.
Kort and Kai, and Ula with her bell.
Our family of four...
where o where is Ula...? darnit.
And then the fun began - We had a ton of presents to open.
Ula enjoying her Christmas treat...
Kai, with an everly-cleverly wrapped gift... I don't think you get the full effect of what I accomplished here. Next year, I should work at one of those mall booths. I AM GOOD.Whitney gave Kai this AC/DC shirt but also included Kortney's glasses from elementary school.
(fyi.. she totally lied on her eye test because she wanted to get glasses)
Another back story.... Kortney and Kai started dating right around Valentine's Day and they both gave each other the movie, Casablanca. So there they are opening up their gifts on Christmas and imagine their surprise when they figure out they both got each other the same thing again... a Blue-Ray DVD, netflix, pandora player... Great minds sure think alike.
After gift opening, one of Whitney's friends joined us for some inconspicuous holiday beverages out on the harbor dock.
Oh Ula, our fearless reindeer mascot - what a good lil dog.
We finished the night at our favorite local pub, with our favorite bartender.
I took the girls to the airport much too early on Christmas Day and then I was off to enjoy the remainder of the holiday by my lonesome :(
It's okay, at least baby jesus is here :)















0 comments:
Post a Comment