Friday, May 27, 2011

they don't make em like they used to

32 years ago I think was a pretty good human making year...
jus sayin.
May 27th is a great day! Greater than most....
Kort's birthday!!
We celebrated and celebrated and celebrated.
Kai surprised her with a trip to Hawaii
and a lil party at the Class o' 47 with an ICE CREAM cake even!
kai is singin happy birthday :) 
 Kai and Juan Carlos
Juan lives in C and Kort and Kai live in D... so we see a lot of Juan.
And Sarah, Kelli and Graham headed down to partake in the festivies.   
There was of course, a lot more to this day but the camera miraculously didn't take many more pictures :)

I gave ms. kort an anchor necklace for her birthday. 
The card read

True friends give us something to hold onto, and help us stay afloat. Wear your necklace as a reminder that you are my anchor...

I know I say it often, but I am truly blessed to be surrounded by such amazing women.  Kortney has been with me since the 5th grade and our friendship gets stronger, healthier and better every year.  No matter what I go through, where I am,  how lost I may be, I know I will always have this one... As I reflect upon the past six months, the necklace rings truer than I could ever say.  She has been my rock, my person, my reminder of who I am and who I am not, she has kept me here in California to continue to challenge myself, she is a constant reminder of what I deserve and those that don't deserve me, she has been my biggest supporter/believer of my own self worth, she is MY anchor.
Always has been and looking like she always will be.
Love you my irreplacable lady.

1 comments:

KT said...

Awwww...I just read this! you make me cry! love you lady AND love my anchor! xo! :)

 
Header Image from Bangbouh @ Flickr