Monday, January 12, 2009

Job Hunting is for the Birds

So I've been at it for quite some time, one month plus half a month. That is a long time. I have had exactly one call back, exactly one interview and two "trial" work days. It is with a gal named Kari Whitman, interior designer to the stars. You can google her - go ahead. She even had her own Television show - which she makes fun of because no one watches that network apparentely.. When I first read about her, i thought we were a match made in heaven. Both young single females who love interior design and both self-proclaimed "tree huggers". I have never actually done so but I would hug a tree in order to get the official title. She is very successful and driven. In the two days I have trialed I am impressed. She not only runs an interior design firm (kariwhitmaninteriors.com) but also an eco-friendly dog business (greenerpup.com) and a non-profit dog rescue (aceofheartsdogs.com). But this gal is lethal. Not nice, everyone works in fear - no smiles or fun times. She is nicer to her dogs than her employees. She referred to me as "whats her face..." I kinda wanted to remind her I have the same name as her, but I let it slide.. This time.... I just don't know if it is the right fit for me. My positivity in part comes from those around me - If there is no fun to be had I don't think I can do it. I want to have a good day every day or at least a better day than most. But in these tough economic times do I have a say in my day........ Yes, yes I do. I love it here, I love this state and I will not let Kari Whitman ruin my day.
I will remain positive .
I will get a job.
I will.
I will.

1 comments:

lizzie said...

Gooooooooooooooooooooo Cari!! (that was a cheer if you couldn't tell)

and i added you back to my blog. two posts in a month shows me your back on the horse :)

 
Header Image from Bangbouh @ Flickr