Friday, January 23, 2009

I almost got taken.....

Today I was getting gas and noticed the place also had a fixer-up shop so I inquired about how much a brake check would cost....  You see they moan a little bit and I think it's my brakes telling me they are in pain.  So I am talking to Carlos who seems very nice and helpful..  One of the things I miss about Salt Lake are all of my relationships - mechanic, doctors, hairdresser...  I am not one for commitment but to these people I have been faithful and now I feel lost without them and don't know who to trust.....
Back to Carlos - Insert conversation..
Me - "How much would it cost to check my brakes, make sure they aren't just going to disappear on me?"
Carlos - "AAAAAhhhh (head bobble) $49.00" 
Me - "Oh, thats not bad.."  
Then he said something about 28 if I only get the front ones checked - then we discussed pricing of replacements and of oil changes ($39.00 - which I think is outrageous ps).

Sweet Carlos gives me his card and I take it thinking "this could be the start of a great relationship!"
Then as I watch Carlos walk back into his store I read the sign out front that says "FREE Brake Inspection!"

0 comments:

 
Header Image from Bangbouh @ Flickr