Tuesday, December 29, 2009

day

Christmas Day Kortney, Whitney and I had flights to catch – the two of them to ND and me to Colorado.

Tom picked me up from the airport and was right on time – I didn’t even have time to put on my coat. Brrrrrrr…… We went straight to the Salvation Army to help feed the less fortunate. By the time we arrived everything was already in full swing and I don’t know that we were much help. It was a reminder of how fortunate I am. Some people really struggle and there isn’t much they can do… I am glad there are people like Tom’s family who spend every Christmas holiday volunteering at such events. I think it really makes a difference to those who would normally go without.

Then it was off to the movies!! I have never been to the movies on Christmas day or not that I remember anyway – It was crazy!!!! We had to buy our tickets and come back later – then we had to split up in order to get popcorn and seats…. But it was worth it! I love movie theater popcorn and the licorice Tom’s dad and I fought over was a special treat. He claims I ate the whole bag but I would never do such a thing… unless it was sitting right next to me the whole time just asking me to eat ‘just one more piece, just one more piece.’ But he ate more than his fair share – I am sure of it.

I almost forgot!!! More presents! As soon as we walked into Tom’s house I was presented with two boxes…… I got a pair of Ugg Boots from Tom and his parents gave me a pair of Ugg slippers. Tom has a pair of slippers I always wear or at least try to wear when he doesn’t beat me to it… so now I have my very own! Warm feet = happy feet!
Any trip to Colorado would not be complete without seeing the dear sweet baleash! Tom and I went up to Denver and hung out with her and Matt – 1st night - we just did some bar hopping and the second night we went to a Nuggets game! I also got to hang out with Shannon Paulson Winter one night as well! I love that I have friends in Colorado.
Tom and I drove up to Breckenridge Ski Resort one day and had a blast. It is such a cute, cozy little mountain town. (they also have a banana republic outlet store – where I got a $140 pair of shoes for $18!!) We walked around town and had a great lunch at the Blue River Bistro – go here if you ever go.. We asked a kid who worked in a ski shop for a good place to grab some good lunch, soup/sandwich. His response, “there is a really good pizza place nearby.” Upon pressing for sandwiches he said, “Subway.” So trust me - go to Blue River Bistro (just near the Subway actually) for a delicious soup and sandwich combo.

After lunch we went up the mountain – IT WAS FREEZING (thank you ugg boots and hot cocoa) but the ride up and down was worth it. We saw two moose (not pictured) just hanging out on the side of the road. (we also saw two bald eagles on the way to Colo Springs and a herd of big horned sheep on the way to Breck. – it was like a National Geographic special).

Our trip ended all too fast but we needed to go home, I had to work on Wednesday and we needed to prepare for the next trip… Holiday to be continued.
Merry Christmas Everyone!!!!

2 comments:

lizzie said...

so you had to work wednesday, but had thursday off? that seems weird they open for one day....

caret said...

they were open the whole week... but i just had to work one day.. skeleton staffing they call it. so i picked wednesday.

 
Header Image from Bangbouh @ Flickr