Wednesday, May 5, 2010

9 to 5, what a way to make a livin...

Due to a recent birthday gift, my manager suggested I start a blog for administrative assistants including shortcuts and tricks in various programs, examples of projects and procedures, but mostly, the fun things one can do with office supplies. My co-worker, Kristy and I are always using what is available at our desk or in the supply room to make gag gifts or otherwise.

Melinda snaps rubber bands at us from her desk as stress reliever, so for her birthday we thought we would give her some extra amo in the shape of a ball. A large rubber band ball.
Now, as she continues to snap rubber bands at us, we collect them and will start again. It’s the gift that keeps on giving for both parties, I think, because now I strangely have a hard time letting people borrow a rubber band…

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I am going to North Dakota next weekend and Tom is coming too.  He gets to meet the whole Nicholson clan at the birthday bashes -  My sweet grandmother will be 100 and lil Jacob will already be 3!
 AND
The Belmonts (their boos and baby Asher included) are coming over my birthday!
And so starts the counting of clips - Much like the chains made of construction paper to help countdown to Christmas, but a bit more appropriate for the workplace and much more incognito to string up at my desk.
As many paperclips = as many days as I have to wait for both trips combined.
And being in the aviation industry, planes to represent take-off dates.

3 comments:

lizzie said...

I really love your job.

caret said...

me too... we ARE hiring ;)

Sarah said...

Don't get too comfortable...you know I want you back here....

 
Header Image from Bangbouh @ Flickr