Monday, June 21, 2010

busy bees

Tom's mom came to town.  Yes, again. :) Her friend has listed her as her "companion" and therefore she gets really good deals on flights. The flights sometimes get in really late or she has to wait for the next one but none the less, she gets to come and visit more than the average mom, which I think is pretty awesome. 
We started Saturday morning up with the sun. After running a few errands, we settled in for breakfast on the Pier with Grey Goose Bloody Marys and some World Cup Soccer. 
We then went on a little bike ride..  A 32 mile bike ride on our beach cruisers.
1st Stop - Venice Canals
I wanna boat - a paddle boat.
Venice Beach is known for the crazies.
takin a snooze.
Please read the sign. (click on it to enlarge)
I didn't leave a donation and I feel kinda bad.... but I'll get him next time.
And next time, I will bring a bunch of dollars - everyone here wants something if you take their picture.
Venice is also a one-stop shopping spot.
That is... depending on your shopping list.
This was absolutely hilarious. I walk by Julie and notice she is sitting next to these people with towels on their heads. She has a huge smile on her face - well aware that by not wearing a towel on her head she didn't quite fit in.
Our goal was Venice, but why stop at Venice..  so off to Santa Monica.
I really like Santa Monica Pier.  It's full of people and things to do, although every time I have been to this pier, we leave right away. I will go on that roller coaster. I will. Some day.
One of my favorite things to do is to take pictures for people - Especially in California.
I feel like everyone is on vacation and they take all these photos with one person missing.  So I always offer (sometimes they say no, which I find weird) but most of the time I get the opportunity to feel I have done something good for someone else. I feel good and hopefully they do too.
(apparently tom likes to take pictures of me taking pictures for people)
We made it home finally.  We made cheeseburgers and passed out.
We were exhausted.
~ ~
Sunday Morn - Early risers yet again. 
Breakfast in Hollywood at the BlueJam before heading to the La Brea Tar Pits.
I'm confused - It could possibly be because we didn't splurge for the $7 museum admission (that MUST be where all the action is) but there wasn't a whole lot to do here.
The tar pits are actually pools that have asphalt below and on the top.  So all that black sludgy stuff is asphalt and then the water bubbles every once in awhile from gas coming up from inside the earth.
These are not real elephants. Simply models of what happened in the past. The story goes,  "The Momma elephant is trapped in the tar pit while the Baby and Dad elephant look on and cry." 
Hence one million bones found in the pits. sad.
Tom and I in a box at the Tar Pits. 
Fun, right?

We got our Pinkberry fix and Julie to the airport twice (she was booted from her first flight) and we then went into relaxation mode. 
Bedtime for Bonzos!


1 comments:

Sarah said...

At least he was honest about his intentions with the money....kinda feels like his version of an LOA....I'm just sayin'....

 
Header Image from Bangbouh @ Flickr