Tom and I set off to Colorado for the Fourth of July. One of his very good friends, Chad was getting married and that seemed like reason enough for a visit.
Friday night was well..... interesting. Charley (Tom's sister) and I walked in to meet up with the boys and there they stood - Were we in New Mexico?
Thanks to Chad for that special Groomsmen gift - It was not just a shirt but it also allowed the boys to put on new personalities for the night.
We stayed at the Broker Inn - which was also some sort of warp zone. It was all too weird.
Morning came and things were a little clearer and back to normal. The boys had to go help Chad set up tables so the rest of us went out for breakfast. Julie is one heck of a banana pepper juice squirter. One bite out of that pepper sent the juices flying over my head past the next booth and to the wall. This could have been very bad.
I will tell you what - What a reminder of what life is like without traffic. Do you know what these people can accomplish in an hour?? Everything! Everything they want to do! Buy a dress, a bra, socks, lunch and new shoes. All from different places and the stores weren't even all connected. I was amazed. I can't do anything in an hour.... I am lucky to even get somewhere in an hour.
Note to self - Time is precious, please use wisely.
We were off to the wedding. The setting was amazing. Up, Up, Up in the mountains.
Above - Julie and Charley
Below - Tom and Julie
Jenn and Chad Atherton!!
The Groomsmen (sans New Mexico-esque shirts).
Please notice the ring bearer down in front, their dog, Lucy :) and also the handsome man in the middle.
They threw a great party afterwards with pork sandwiches, cupcakes, live music and lawn games.
It even had a porch with rocking chairs. I love porches and rocking chairs + Tom isn't so bad either.
The fourth of July started with breakfast in Denver and then a tour of the town. Denver is such a nice little city - it's a big city but it doesn't feel like a monstropolis... that might not be a word, but that is what I live in now.
We then made our way down to Monument for the fireworks at Palmer Lake - a Watkins family tradition.
Something that we didn't count on - A summer thunderstorm. I loved it. I haven't been in one of those for awhile but it did ruin the fireworks display. darnit.
For the first part of the storm, we spent some quality time in one of the Subarus Tom is trying to sell. This car has some great options, but not quite the warranty of my Hyundai. Sorry Tom!
Tom and I outside trying to spot the tornado - just living dangerously.
Our time ended all too soon as usual. I didn't get to see Valecia which was a huge bummer but...
I'll be back. Til next Time CO!














0 comments:
Post a Comment