Disneyland anyone? Lizzie, Mikey and Asher were in....
and so were a few other people with strollers. It's a whole different world down there. Everyone just leaves their possessions in their strollers and off they go to some ride where they won't see it for an hour. Society should maybe take notes from Disney - apparently people here don't feel threatened - either that or the rifraf doesn't make it past the ticket gate.
We went a few of the rides but Asher didn't quite meet the height requirement for the majority.
Dumbo, which I remember as one of my favorites, was actually a little fast for me this go 'round. Anything that goes in circles is dangerous to my weak stomach - Asher's face was priceless though. He could see Lizzie and I clapping and smiling and he was sitting with his dad but you could tell by his face he was thinking, "Why aren't these people terrified - the elephants have gone mad!!!!" But the little man hung in there.
We got a tour of Mickey's house with Ms. Minnie living right next door.. How convenient... :)
He took a break from filming his movie for pictures.
He took a break from filming his movie for pictures.
We walked across the way to California Adventure which is where the big kid rides live..
C is for Cari......
and California apparently...
We rode one extreme roller coaster - Mikey's first one ever - really?? And that was it... Disney wears out kids (big and small) quickly.
~ ~
Back in Redondo, the sun decided not to cooperate.. It's still on strike as it has not shown its smiling face for months now. I guess all the more reason for some to come visit again.
We made it down to the beach so Asher could have his first experience. He loved the birds and the helicoptor. A little unsure of the sandy stuff right away but eventually realized it was there for his enjoyment.
We had a nice lil weekend, the Saltsmans' and I.
I am thankful I have friends who are so willing to come and visit me even though I live in this dreary weather. It makes my days a little brighter.
But hopefully, the sun will come out tomorrow..


0 comments:
Post a Comment