My friend from work, Kristy and her boyfriend, Tom invited Tom and I down to San Diego for a Padres/Rockies baseball game.
Kristy’s Tom went to high school with the relief pitcher for the Padres, Luke Gregerson, so they were able to get us good seats – that came with a free clock. Come to find out a person can get a ticket for $12 that comes with a free hot dog and soda… STEAL!!! Next time.
It was the second inning when Kristy turns to me and asks, “How long are baseball games?”
Tom and I had already started our cleanse - so there we sat eating carrot sticks and drinking water while those around indulged in the appropriate snacks. Nachos, dogs, pizza, beer, pretzels, dogs, nachos, beer….
It was the around the eighth inning when I told everyone how I had attended one of the longest baseball games ever in the 8th grade while on a field trip to Washington D.C. We laughed and said I was some sort of curse and every game I ever attend will go in to extra innings. We left in the 10th and the Padres scored right after to win the game.
It was fun but I think better enjoyed with the true All-American refreshments.
Kristy’s Tom went to high school with the relief pitcher for the Padres, Luke Gregerson, so they were able to get us good seats – that came with a free clock. Come to find out a person can get a ticket for $12 that comes with a free hot dog and soda… STEAL!!! Next time.It was the second inning when Kristy turns to me and asks, “How long are baseball games?”
Tom and I had already started our cleanse - so there we sat eating carrot sticks and drinking water while those around indulged in the appropriate snacks. Nachos, dogs, pizza, beer, pretzels, dogs, nachos, beer….It was the around the eighth inning when I told everyone how I had attended one of the longest baseball games ever in the 8th grade while on a field trip to Washington D.C. We laughed and said I was some sort of curse and every game I ever attend will go in to extra innings. We left in the 10th and the Padres scored right after to win the game.
It was fun but I think better enjoyed with the true All-American refreshments. 

1 comments:
yes. i read your blog. i thought i should comment so you know that.
and i agree. baseball is all about the refreshments...there really is no other reason to go is there? oh, the team i guess.
Post a Comment