Saturday, September 19, 2009

playing tourist.


Having never been, being on the cleanse and Tom’s mom being in town, we decided to take a trip up to the Griffith Observatory located in the hills of Los Angeles (recently featured in the Yes, Man movie).





It was ah-mazing. It was super hazy so the view of the city was not exactly what we would have hoped for – but I had never looked down on Los Angeles so I had nothing to compare it to. (Ending my sentences in prepositions, I know…. But….)

More people have looked through this telescope than any other – seven million to be exact. We were able to see five dots – One big one and two on each side – Jupiter, being the big one. Or so they told us - I won't go into my whole outlook on the government and space.........
Make sure to go inside and see how “hot” your body is.. Whatever machine it is measures your body temperature in different areas and shoots the colors on screen. I had a very cold nose.

0 comments:

 
Header Image from Bangbouh @ Flickr