With Grandma Elsye passing, I went home to say my final good-byes, and while sad and difficult, I am thankful I had the opportunity. It also meant I could spend some time with my family and being so close to the holidays we decided to make it festive.
Three stooges in Ellendale.
Then it was off to Breckenridge for Christmas dinner.
Looks like my dad is hungry huh?!?!
Everyone was helping themselves to some salad and I look over and notice my dad's bowl... really Jerry? It's lettuce - you can have more than one.... Turns out the piece had fallen on the table as my mom was scooping so he put it in his bowl in the interim but we sure did have a good laugh at his expense.
Then it was off to family photo time (which is never easy)...
Below is a picture of mostly Scott.... up front and center stage.
Bet you didn't know my brother was a line-backer :)
Then - dance party!
Present time!!!! How much more fun is it to watch kiddos actually open their gifts -
So much excitement!
Jacob in the Viking slippers I got for Scott.. We shall see if Scott ever even gets to wear them.
Sleeping bags from Grandma and Grandpa were hit, along with the travel pillows.
Scott finally getting the money box open from Aunt Judy... which he actually broke in the process... cheater. :)
then downstairs to another dance party......
Kristin left us to attend a bachelorette party but "needed" Scott and I to go pick her up! So it was off to Casey's Bar for the second time that week. The first night I got in Scott and I tore that place up. I even got a free shirt.. (no idea how??!?!) but I arrived in a salmon long sleeve and left in a green one. A co-worker of his was there with his huge family and they were so much fun. They got such a kick out of my glasses and everyone took turns wearing them and getting their photo taken (striking Austin Powers' poses no less).. so are my glasses a joke or are they just that cool?? I am sooo LA...
So not to be outdone on our second night, the Nicholson family had to take a turn as well.
heehee..
One of my favorite bartenders from Casey's. He made me come around the bar to take this tasty treat.. Breckenridge isn't such a bad place to be...
I think the Christmas season is officially over now and that's a real bummer,
but I really did get to spend the times with so many of my favorite people.
Thank you, for I am blessed.
















0 comments:
Post a Comment